What are admission requirements?
- TUFTS & SKIDMORE students need a 3.0 GPA, Good Academic and Social Standing. The program accepts students from all majors.*
- TUFTS students must have completed Spanish 21 and 22, or have the equivalent of six semesters of college-level Spanish. For students in the School of Engineering, a GPA of 3.2 at the time of application is required.
- SKIDMORE students must have completed Spanish 206 or its equivalent.
- PEER INSTITUTIONS – require a 3.0 GPA, Declared Major, Good Academic and Social Standing, and completion of the equivalent of six semesters of college-level Spanish.
(*Simply meeting study abroad requirements does not guarantee admission to the program).
Can students from schools other than Tufts or Skidmore apply for this program?
YES! If you are studying at an institution other than Tufts or Skidmore, you may apply and be admitted to the program. If this is your case, please list your home institution in the message field and we will get back to you with contact information for the person at Tufts or Skidmore who will handle your application process. Please note that this program operates on a «home tuition» basis, which means you will have to meet Tufts/Skidmore’s tuition rate (if you are on financial aid, your institution will determine your eligibility).
- TUFTS: Feb. 1, for all study abroad (fall/spring semester and full-year)
- SKIDMORE: Academic Year, Fall Semester: March 15; Spring Semester: October 1*
- Other Institutions: Please contact us
(* Early applications for the spring program are strongly encouraged).
Please send us your information and we will get back to you with the complete application process for your institution.